Peabody Hall is the home of the School of Education. Sallie B. Marks was the first woman to join the regular faculty in 1927 when she was appointed as an Assistant Professor of Elementary Education.
Another noteworthy first connected to the School of Education was Roberta Jackson, who became the first tenured African American faculty member in 1969. Jackson Hall, home of Undergraduate Admissions, is named for Professor Jackson and her husband.